torsdag den 6. september 2012

My Final Fantasy Obsession



Since I've been sick a lot recently and haven't been able to go to school, I've sure not had much to do lately.
Therefore I decided to play a lot of Final Fantasy games again.

I happen to be a big fan of the franchise and after I started to play the games again, my obsession is back at the fullest.
Despite all this, I've never signed up for a Square Enix account before last month, lol. I surely asked myself why I didn't do that to begin with afterwards.
I'm always slow at discovering the latest news, so I didn't even know that Final Fantasy VII were re-released for PC as a digital download. I found out two days after its release so I didn't have to wait, hahaha.
Anyway, point is I mentally freaked out when I heard about it. I've been searching for the game for many years. I used to play it with a childhood friend I lost contact with, so I never actually owned the game.
But yeah, now I downloaded it and I'm super happy XD. It's awesome to relive the story, though it almost seem like a new experience to me- I played this game when I was around 10-11 which means my English abilities were lacking. Made me realize the story I "remember" is most likely something I've seen and read through the years, haha, but ttill awesome to play it again- though I didn't understand that much back then, it surely caught my attention.
Don't worry by the way, I'm not biased towards this game, but it was the first one I got play.

I also played FFX again... You know, I never thought I would ever describe a game as "beautiful", but well- I actually think FFX is a beautiful game. I really want to cover "Suteki Da Ne". I recently listened to the song and it made me sorta nostalgic, lol.

Then at last- I bought Final Fantasy XIII-2 back in July. I know how many people really don't like the 13th installment but in fact I do. I actually fully understand the general critiques and arguments from people who don't like it, but it personally doesn't prevent me from enjoying the game.
Yet, as one who liked FFXIII, I think XIII-2 is better. I think SE took good advantance of the critiques they received from the previous game. I'm not fond of the ending, I think the characters fate is left very open- but then I'm just excited to see how they make up for it in "Lightning returns".

Wow that was one long post. Sorry for being all nerdy, haha. I don't care whether I'm like that though.

Do you like the FF franchise too? Talk to me about it, don't be shy! I love sharing interests. I own about 12 FF games so I'm familiar with most of it. And yes- I'm a collector, lol.


Ingen kommentarer:

Send en kommentar